Before nominating Wuppenif (and 17 other bloggers), The Belmont Rooster was kind enough to ask me whether I wanted the nomination. I must admit to being shy of these things, but I thought I should have a go if he was willing, and so here we are.
I first came across the The Belmont Rooster earlier this year, and I have enjoyed enormously getting to know his world through his posts. There is a wonderful sense of humour as well as a sense of wonder in everything that he writes that I find very refreshing. I almost always find myself smiling when I read one of his posts, and the fact that we’re both homesteading / farming creates a kind of bond. And so I must say a big thank you to The Belmont Rooser for the great reading first and foremost!
So, the rules, the darned rules – let’s start there, shall we:
Versatile Blogger Award Rules
1. Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
2. Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
3. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
4. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
5. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
If I get into trouble anywhere, it will be with the numbers. I see that The Belmont Rooster outdid himself with nominating 18 bloggers, going above and beyond the stated 15. I’m afraid that my reading of fellow bloggers has been down in recent months due to a pretty crazy work/life schedule, but I certainly have my favourites and I’ll certainly dish.
Adventures in Natural Beekeeping
Dark Creek Farm
From the Bartolini Kitchens
Growing Up in the Garden
The New Home Economics
One Equals Two
Sailor’s Small Farm
Finally, A Kid’s World by Petkid, my son, is definitely worth a peek – he’s posted about everything from his dog, to gardening and Roman history, and I think that makes him truly versatile!
My 7 Things
I have to agree with The Belmont Rooster that coming up with seven random things about yourself, as opposed to answering specific questions is challenging, but it does mean you don’t have to answer questions that you may cause you to draw a blank. Yes, I tend to find the upside in everything.
1. Having a woodstove has made me soft; it’s 20 degrees celsius in my house as I write, and I’m feeling a little chilly. Ridiculous.
2. When I was a young girl delivering newspapers after school I was surprised to receive a Christmas tip from one customer of a jar of honey. I wish I knew then how much I would grow to value something like locally produced honey. I wish I could go back and properly thank that person!
3. One of my favourite parts of the day is feeding our chickens, even if I spend part of the time begrudging the fact that it’s cold/windy/rainy/snowy. They are such hardy things and always make me feel like the most amazing person on earth for feeding them. (It thrills me hugely when they come racing over when I arrive home from a meeting or running errands, clearly asking for more food.)
4. I’m not as thrifty or eco-friendly as you might expect from reading this blog, but I’m (almost) always working on it.
5. I wish sugar wasn’t so darned bad for us.
6. It boggles my mind that I once spent the better part of a Sunday reading newspapers (All that ephemeral information, gone! All those ‘free’ hours pre-children!).
7. If I’m going to have ice cream (which I rarely do), I’m going to have the works, chocolate sauce and all.
Okay, well, I hope you’ll check out the great bloggers I nominated, and that those who can will have fun creating their own responses.